The fruits and vegetables are generally rich in water and therefore with little amount of energy nutrients. In addition, among them carbohydrates predominate in most cases. However, today we show you the 15 copies with more protein from this healthy and very light food group.
If you fancy fruits more than vegetables but you want to sate with them to control the amount ingested, we also recommend to consume fruits with skin and fresh whenever possible , choose the following specimens with more proteins:
- Avocado : provides 2 grams of protein per 100 grams, which is almost double that of other fresh fruits. Avocado is ideal for a variety of healthy and satisfying preparations, both sweet and salty.
- Capers : for every 100 grams they contain 2.4 grams of proteins, an appreciable quantity that we can add to salads, dressings, sauces, cakes and other preparations.
- Guava : it is a fruit that we can get all year, with a particular flavor between acid and sweet that we can add to a yogurt, a sweet or salty salad or, to a cake or smoothie. For every 100 grams, it provides 2.6 grams of protein.
- Black olives : for every 100 grams they offer little less than 2 grams of protein, an appreciable amount for an oily and fresh fruit such as avocado. I love adding them to salads with various vegetables or consume them as part of a pasta sauce because of its pronounced flavor that contaminates the rest of the ingredients.
Of course, speaking of fresh fruits, there are not many specimens rich in proteins, but here we leave the main ones that you can add to your diet to be satisfied by adding this nutrient with few calories.
Vegetables with more protein
It is much more frequent to find vegetables rich in protein than fruits, and we show it below listing the most protein specimens:
- Kale : is one of the ” superfoods” of today, very light and offers 4.3 grams of protein per 100 grams. Ideal to satiate with few calories thanks to its contribution of fiber in addition to its proteins that we can incorporate a variety of dishes.
- Brussels sprouts : most cabbages are rich in vegetable proteins and these in particular concentrate just over 4.5% of this satiating nutrient that can be used in sautéed, baked, in salads or simply steamed as a garnish.
- Bimi : is another great food in fashion today that offers valuable properties and also, concentrates for every 100 grams, 3 grams of protein, considerable amount for such a poor calorie food.
- Broccoli : contains about 2.8 grams of protein per 100 grams, a little less than its successor the bimi or broccolini, but it is also possessor of valuable properties that can benefit health. We can include it in salads, gratins, sautéed, soups, stews or other types of preparations.
- Spinach : they concentrate 2.9% of proteins and they have fiber as well as high water content, so they are one of the most appropriate vegetables to satiate with few calories and therefore, ideal to lose weight without wasting good nutrients. With it we can make from salads, soups, sautéed, stewed, frittatas or tortillas, juices and more.
- Soybean sprouts : to add water and protein to a stir-fry, a cream, a salad or another type of preparation, we can use soy bean sprouts that offer 3.1 grams of protein per 100 grams.
- Alfalfa sprouts: like soybeans, we can use alfalfa sprouts for a sandwich, a salad, a sauté or other dishes and add 4% protein with them.
- Watercress : they provide 2.5 grams of protein per 100 grams and it is a very noble green leaf, full of vitamin C and carotenes that we can add to a pasta, a rice, a sandwich, a toast, an omelet or other preparations classic as a salad for example.
- Canons : similarly to the outbreaks, the canons provide 2.3 grams of protein and we can incorporate them into a fresh salad, light, satiating and nutritious. Also, we can add them to a scrambled, a sandwich, or other dishes.
- Artichokes : provide 3.4 grams of protein per 100 grams and are one of the most appetizing vegetables to accompany from salads and sautéed to creams and cold soups, pies, pizzas, empanadas, sandwiches and many more preparations.
- Asparagus : are one of the spring foods with which we can prepare tasty and healthy dishes and get with its incorporation to the table, about 2.2 grams of protein per 100 grams.
These are the 15 fruits, vegetables and vegetables with more protein that you can add to your diet without almost increasing the caloric intake of it but increasing the satiating power of the dishes.