France is an exciting, vibrant and breath-taking country that attracts almost 84 million visitors every year! It seems we can’t get enough of this romantic, wine-growing nation so what are the things we love most about this Gallic land? Here we celebrate all things francais that we adore:
- Paris – who could not fall in love with the iconic city of romance? From the stunning architecture to the art galleries, the tree-lined boulevard cafes and the Eiffel Tower. It has an air of magic and mystery with beautiful sites including the Seine, the Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe and the Sacre Coeur. Paris should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- Boulangerie – who could resist a hot chocolate and a pain au chocolat in the morning? The pastries in France are to die for and no visit is complete with a trip to the local boulangerie for a croissant or some profiteroles. C’est magnifique!
- French Cuisine – famous the whole world over, France was the first ever country to have its cuisine recognised by UNESCO as ‘cultural heritage’. Many a world-famous chef has been trained or inspired by French cooking traditions and methods. If it’s fine dining you seek, then you’ll find it in France. To view Property for sale in France, visit http://www.frenchpropertysearch.com
- Alcohol – France gifted champagne and wine to the world. Many sparkling wines are passed off as the real deal but for the original, one and only champagne – it has to be from Champagne itself. France have been making wine since the Romans made their way across Europe. They make more wine here than anywhere else on earth including Burgundy, Bordeaux, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Alps – if you love skiing and other winter sports then the French Alps are probably already on your radar. They offer some of the best skiing in the world and in summer are enjoyed by hikers who come for the astounding views. That’s not all though, for you’ll also find the Massif Central range, the Pyrenees and the Jura Mountains to boot.
- Culture – the sheer number of galleries and museums in France make it top of the class in cultural activities. There are treasures to uncover in almost every town and city, including art, history, ballet, theatre, opera and museums. If it’s castles that set your pulse racing then there’s no better place than the Loire Valley for some of the most stunning castles and chateaux anywhere in the world.
- Sport – thousands flock to watch the exciting events of the Tour de France take place every year which take place over 3,519 km in 21 stages. The French love their speed too and stage the annual 24 hours Le Mans, one of the toughest motor races in the world. Other famed sportstars include Thierry Henry and Zinedine Zidane.
- Lifestyle – we cannot help but admire and envy the lifestyle of the French people. ‘Joie de vivre’ sums it up perfectly and that’s thanks to a history of doing right by the people. The government has a record of protecting the work/life balance for French citizens so they can lead a healthier, happier life.